About Me

I help people make their processes better. In manufacturing process improvement is old hat, In health care its not. This is due to the fact that most health care is not delivered through well defined processes. It is usually delivered by nurses and physicians doing what they must to get the job done. But the industry is starting to realize that having standard processes for health care delivery leads to improved patient care and improved employee satisfaction. This is where I come in.

As a continuous improvement evangelist I preach the gospel to all levels of the organization.

As an educator I train nurses and managers to use lean and six sigma to improve their processes, and help them develop process thinking.

As a leader I mentor trainees through their improvement projects, and help floundering project teams get back on track.

Education and leadership require curiosity beyond the technical aspects of the my field. In order to become a better teacher and leader I study presentation design, communication, and management as well as graphic design, typography, story telling, entrepreneurship, time-management, and marketing. I incorporate all of these into my training to improve the skills of my students, I incorporate it into my work to improve the hospital, and I incorporate it into my life to improve myself.